Liberty High School junior Sander Sahaydak is used to kicking, having played soccer for many years. But, things changed for him last year when he not only played soccer but also played football, showing off his foot in a different way.
Hitting field goals from 40 yards quickly became the norm and also the norm was his kickoffs, which found their way to the end zone the majority of the time. The 2019 season was a breakout year for him, as he knocked home a 53 yard field goal against Central Catholic. That kick set a new East Penn Conference record and was also the 6th longest kick in PIAA history.
He has since continued to shine, ranked as the Nations number one kicker in the Class of 2021 and is excited of what the upcoming season will bring. Sahaydak and Liberty Head Football coach John Truby talked to D11Sports.com about the possibility of going after the Pennsylvania State record of 64 yards when things get underway in the fall.
Sahaydak, a left footer kicker, has received multiple Division 1 offers, including Army, Rutgers, and Penn State. Knowing that more offers are on the horizon, Sahaydak is just looking to get back on the field with his teammates and is looking to making his college choice sometime later this summer or prior to the High School Football season.
- Player Previews: Chloe Mutchler, Pen Argyl
- Player Previews: Alexandra Hallingstad, Northwestern Lehigh
- Player Previews: Angelique Antonini, Blue Mountain High School
- Player Previews: Jared Spalti, Marian Catholic
- Player Previews: Anthony Russo, Northwestern Lehigh
- Player Previews: Stephen Super, Liberty
- Player Previews: Josh Steigerwalt, Lehighton Area High School
- Intern Spotlight: Jayden Sparrow, Pen Argyl
- Player Previews: Molly Kutz, Pen Argyl
- Player Previews: Chloe Schaffer, Palmerton Area HS