Pen Argyl traveled to Northern Lehigh to face off against Jim Thorpe in District XI 2A semifinals. These two teams played in the first game of the season and tied 1-1. Both teams came into the game, knowing it was going to be close.
The game started off great for the Knights, David Eibeck scored in the first few minutes, giving the Knights an early 1-0 lead. Ten minutes later, Samir Mehmedi scored on a great pass from Nate Stocker. The Olympians would come back. Thur Huthscored to get a goal right back. Later another goal was scored by Jim Thorpe with nine seconds left in the first half, the game was tied 2-2 at the end of the first half.
Jim Thorpe came out and scored another goal to take a 3-2 lead. With 15 minutes to go the Knights got a corner kick. It was kicked on the ground and Nathan DeBillis got the touch. It went off the post but crossed the plane. Both teams continued to get the ball, but nothing came out of it. The second half expired and overtime was next.
In the first half of overtime, Pen Argyl had a lot of possessions and quite a few shots, but nothing would fall. In the second half of overtime, it was the opposite. Jim Thorpe had possession and put up a lot of shots. No team had scored at the end of both overtimes, so it was time for penalty kicks.
Pen Argyl’s goalkeeper, Graham Rose came up huge with two saves on the first two shots. Pen Argyl’s Lucas Maggipinto missed his, but David Eibeck scored the second kick for Pen Argyl. Jim Thorpe put in their third shot. Nathan DeBillis scored his for Pen Argyl as well. The score was 2-1 going into the fourth shot. Jim Thorpe missed the net completely on their penalty kick and left it all up to Dawson Frable. Dawson put it to the right of the keeper, sending the Knights to the Finals to play Notre Dame Green Pond for the third straight year.
- Tristen Pinnock Accounts For Five Touchdowns in Northampton’s Win Over Catasauqua November 25, 2022
- North Takes Down South in Schuylkill All Star Showdon November 24, 2022
- P’Burg Girl’s Tennis Season Overview November 23, 2022
- Phillipsburg Powderpuff Starts off Rivalry Week With A Win November 23, 2022
- HS Football: Parkland at Freedom Photos November 22, 2022
- Nigel Linton Leads Whitehall Over Delaware Valley in First Round of State Playoffs November 19, 2022
- D11Sports.com Daily Scoreboard results for November 16, 2022 November 16, 2022
- D11Sports.com Daily Scoreboard results for November 15, 2022 November 16, 2022
- Allentown Central Catholic Three-Peats as District Champions November 13, 2022
- D11Sports.com Daily Scoreboard results for November 12, 2022 November 13, 2022