On September 12, 2019, the Saucon Valley Panthers Played the Salisbury Falcons. The night started off very slowly as both teams didn’t get a chance in the first quarter. Then, 42 seconds into the second quarter, quarterback Dante Mahaffey ran into the end zone for six.
Salisbury started to get the ball rolling after Saucon’s possession and drove down the field in three minutes to score. Quarterback Quintin Stephens’ pass was completed for a touchdown to wide receiver Timothy Buda for a nine-yard touchdown with the PAT blocked.
The second quarter started to become a back and forth battle between the two teams. With a combined 35 points in the quarter, there were big plays on both sides. At half the score was 21 Saucon Valley, 14 Salisbury.
The third quarter began with a four-minute touchdown drive by the Panthers, putting them up 28-14. Salisbury then quickly struck for six, and the two point conversion was good. With a good game continuing, Saucon scored again at the end of the third making it 34-22.
Saucon then controlled all of the fourth and added one more score to the lead, making the final score 41-22. Saucon’s running back, Damien Garcia, had over 200 rushing yards, and quarterback Dante Mahaffey has four touchdowns. Next week, Saucon, will play Northern Lehigh and Salisbury will play Notre Dame.
- Class of 2022 June 18, 2022
- Transue and Gillen team up to lead Gold Team over Red Team June 17, 2022
- Intern Spotlight: Joey Draper, Emmaus HS June 16, 2022
- 2022 Phillipsburg Baseball Season June 15, 2022
- Intern Spotlight: Keiran Lencheski, Notre Dame Green Pond HS June 15, 2022
- Intern Spotlight: Alex Kane, Southern Lehigh HS June 14, 2022
- D11Sports.com Daily Scoreboard results for June 13, 2022 June 13, 2022
- Intern Spotlight: Allie Wenskoski, Palisades HS June 13, 2022
- Intern Spotlight: Tarun Anbarasu, Phillipsburg HS June 12, 2022
- Intern Spotlight: KC Wallace, Lehighton Area HS June 11, 2022