On September 12, 2019, the Saucon Valley Panthers Played the Salisbury Falcons. The night started off very slowly as both teams didn’t get a chance in the first quarter. Then, 42 seconds into the second quarter, quarterback Dante Mahaffey ran into the end zone for six.
Salisbury started to get the ball rolling after Saucon’s possession and drove down the field in three minutes to score. Quarterback Quintin Stephens’ pass was completed for a touchdown to wide receiver Timothy Buda for a nine-yard touchdown with the PAT blocked.
The second quarter started to become a back and forth battle between the two teams. With a combined 35 points in the quarter, there were big plays on both sides. At half the score was 21 Saucon Valley, 14 Salisbury.
The third quarter began with a four-minute touchdown drive by the Panthers, putting them up 28-14. Salisbury then quickly struck for six, and the two point conversion was good. With a good game continuing, Saucon scored again at the end of the third making it 34-22.
Saucon then controlled all of the fourth and added one more score to the lead, making the final score 41-22. Saucon’s running back, Damien Garcia, had over 200 rushing yards, and quarterback Dante Mahaffey has four touchdowns. Next week, Saucon, will play Northern Lehigh and Salisbury will play Notre Dame.
- Phillipsburg Bowling Season Begins! December 5, 2023
- Spartans Stifle Miners in Season Opener December 5, 2023
- D11Sports.com Daily Scoreboard results for December 4, 2023 December 5, 2023
- 2023-24 Boys Swimming Preview: Whitehall Zephyrs December 4, 2023
- 2023-24 Girls Swimming Preview: Zephyrs December 4, 2023
- 2023-24 Swimming & Diving Preview: Liberty Hurricanes December 4, 2023
- 2023-24 Swimming & Diving Preview: William Allen Canaries December 4, 2023
- 2023-24 Girls Swimming Preview: Phillipsburg Stateliners December 4, 2023
- 2023-24 Swimming & Diving Preview: Emmaus Green Hornets December 4, 2023
- Lehighton Fights for the 248 Trophy December 3, 2023