Allen and Parkland met in the nightcap of the East Penn Conference semifinals at the PPL Center in Allentown on Monday night.
The Trojans used the exterior in the first half as they hit six three pointers including three by Dylan Rhoades to lead 38-29 at the break. Rhoades hit for 13 in the first frame with Quinton Stewart and A’Quele Adderly both leading Allen with 10 a piece.
Things changed in the third quarter as Adderly got more active in the lane, as he found his way to the basket hitting layups and rebounding, helping Allen battle back to tie the game at 45-45 after three quarters.
The game would be tied again at 50 and then at 55-55 at the end of regulation sending this East Penn Conference clash to overtime. In the additional frame, both Melkia Copeland and Adderly would score to give the Canaries a 4 point lead 59-55. The Trojans battled back getting a basket and a foul by Jared Kucharczuk and eventually took a 1 point lead 60-59.
But Allen answered one more time on a Nate Ellis three-point play that put the Canaries up 62-60. Ellis with seven of his 11 points coming in overtime as Allen went on to post the win 66-61 sending the Canaries to the title game on Thursday against Liberty.
Adderly led the Canaries(20-4) with 21 points with Copeland, Stewart, and Manny Ozuna all chipping in with 11. Parkland(15-9) was paced by Jake Melady with 17,to go along with 16 from Kucharczuk, and 15 from Dylan Rhoades.
Allen and Liberty split during the regular season with both winning on their home floor.
- D11Sports.com Daily Scoreboard results 08/05/20
- Player Spotlights: Alaina Roman, Freedom HS
- Player Spotlight: Ava Hooten, Pocono Mountain East HS
- Player Spotlight: Dominick Magalhaes, Stroudsburg HS
- Player Spotlight: Dimitri Rojas, Stroudsburg HS
- Player Spotlight: Sarah Domin, Freedom HS
- Player Spotlight: Hailey Reinhard, Emmaus HS
- D11Sports.com Daily Scoreboard results 08/07/20
- Player Spotlight: Sasha Dudley, Pocono Mountain East HS
- Player Spotlight: Emma Singley, Southern Lehigh HS