It was smooth sailing Friday night for the Blue Eagles as they beat Allentown Central Catholic 49-7. Nazareth displayed dominance in every aspect of the game. Things got started early for them as they scored the first 35 points of the game. Twelve of those 35 came from the defensive side of the ball with a pick-six from both Jack McKenna and Jacob Levey. Nate Stefanik came up with yet another interception. That added to his total of six interceptions on the year. Nazareth also scored with their special teams unit on the field. It was Jack McKenna yet again who came up big with a blocked punt and a 41-yard TD return.
Nazareth’s offense never seems to disappoint. They had three rushing TD’s, two from QB Anthony Harris and the other from explosive sophomore RB, Tyler Rohn. Harris also threw for one incredible passing touchdown to Nate Stefanik. The Nazareth offense was gifted great field position almost every drive, as their defense held ACCHS to -4 rushing yards.
At 3-0, Nazareth is off to their best start since 2012, but, their talent will be tested against Freedom next week. They will be challenged by Jared Jenkins and company, coming off their huge win at Parkland last week. Dual-threat QB Jared Jenkins tossed for 178 yards and two TD’s along with 75 rushing yards against Parkland’s defense. In the battle of the unbeatens, Nazareth looks to show that they are a legitimate contender in the EPC South and District 11 next Friday at BASD Stadium.
- 2022 Golf Preview: North Schuylkill HS August 14, 2022
- 2022 Golf Preview: Freedom Patriots August 13, 2022
- 2022 Golf Preview: Pen Argyl Green Knights August 12, 2022
- D11Sports.com Daily Scoreboard results for August 11, 2022 August 12, 2022
- 2022 Golf Preview: Emmaus Hornets August 11, 2022
- Coaching Jobs: Head Boys Tennis Coach (Pen Argyl) August 11, 2022
- Coaching Jobs: Head Baseball Coach (Pen Argyl) August 11, 2022
- 2022 Golf Preview: Palmerton Area HS August 10, 2022
- 2022 Golf Preview: Northwestern Lehigh Tigers August 9, 2022
- D11Sports.com HS Football Game of the Week Presented by St. Lukes August 8, 2022