When you think of Bethlehem Catholic baseball, the first name that pops to your head is Mike Grasso. The veteran head coach called it a career after 36 years roaming the dugout as the head guy and 45 overall years with the Golden Hawks. While he didn’t get a chance to finish out his final season because of the Covid-19 shutdown, he enjoyed a terrific career helping 1000’s of players succeed.
With his departure comes the arrival of his successor, Matt Corsi, a 1999 Becahi graduate who is excited about his new venture. Corsi has been around the game for two decades, having coached as an assistant under Grasso to start his career before making stops at Central Catholic and Allen for 13 years. But three years ago, he returned to his alma mater as an assistant under Grasso, and now he is officially the new Head Coach.
Corsi said, “I am honored to start my 20th year of coaching Varsity baseball at Bethlehem Catholic. To follow in a legend like Coach Grasso’s footsteps, is remarkable and I’m very blessed to accept this position and to come home to my Alma Mater. He gave me my start 19 years ago and I owe him the start in the whole journey.”
As for Grasso, he leaves the Golden Hawks with nearly 400 wins, two league titles to go along with four District Championships. Grasso said, “I feel I’m one of the luckiest guys in in the world. I have been coaching 45 years, I have been teaching 45 years, and I’m married 45 years. The two biggest motivators in my life is my God and my wife Kathy, I would never made it this far without them.”
Both Corsi and Grasso are excited to be a part of a program with such rich tradition and are looking forward to seeing more success for years to come.
- Pen Argyl names Devin Olenick Girls Basketball Head Coach
- Changing of the guards for Bethlehem Catholic Baseball
- St. Luke’s Sports Medicine hosts free physicals at Coca-Cola Park
- Husky Golf Outing (Dieruff Football) – August 8, 2020
- 2020 NDGP FOOTBALL Golf Tourn Brochure (4th Annual) 8/8 @ Southmoore GC
- Are you ready for the return of High School Sports
- A look back at Freedom’s 2020 District XI Basketball Championship
- A new regime begins at William Allen High School
- D11Sports.com Class of 2020 Student Messages
- Player Previews: Robert Oppedisano, Bethlehem Catholic HS