On Friday January 31st, Nick Filchner’s dreams came true as he hit a three-pointer to give him career point number 1000. Although that might seem like the perfect way to end the night, Central had to battle.
Emmaus’ seniors came out in front of a loud sell out crowd and the five seniors on the team got off to a hot start. Leading 8-0, at 1:15 into the game, they forced an early timeout from Central. Central Catholic would respond shortly after and started to take a little bit of control over the game. They finished the quarter on a 13-2 run and led 13-10 after 1.
In the second quarter, Emmaus started to regain control, playing well inside the paint and also hitting the three ball well. The half came to a close with Emmaus on top 29-27.
The second half was all about the Vikings. Their lead grew to as big as 12 before Emmaus would get within seven at the end of three quarters of play.
In the final quarter, Central Catholic’s lead grew to 18 and then it happened. Nick Filchner’s three, with 4:38 left in the game, gave Filchner 1000 career points. The crowd went crazy! There were a lot of Central Catholic fans in attendance and they were loud and proud.
The final score was 65-45 with Central Catholic being the victors. Although Filchner’s night was special, he and the Vikings really did have to fight against Emmaus in order to win. Central will be back in action on Monday night at home vs Northampton. For Emmaus, they travel to Whitehall Tuesday night for their final game of the season.
- D11Sports.com Game of the Week – Easton Area vs. Nazareth Area live October 30th at 7:00pm
- District XI crowns their Girls champions in Cross Country
- Champions are crowned in District XI Cross Country
- Blue Mountain Offense too Much for Mahanoy Area
- Allentown Central Catholic’s Quick Start Lifts Them To Victory Over Dieruff
- Moravian Academy advances to the PIAA quarterfinals in Tennis
- McDowell Leads Indians to Victory Against Pine Grove
- D11Sports.com Daily Scoreboard results 10/24/20
- Spartans use PKs to claim Colonial League gold
- Lady Tigers repeat as CL Champs