Liberty came into the game at 7-4 looking for win number eight. Emmaus came in 4-8. They were in need of a big win.
The first quarter was very competitive and Emmaus forced Liberty to call timeout after a 6-0 start to the game. Liberty went on to finish the quarter on a 16-4 run and led 16-10.
In the second quarter, Liberty started to pull away. They had their lead get as big as ten before Emmaus got back to within six at halftime. The halftime score was 32-26. Ryan Todd was keeping the Hornets in the ball game with 11 points. Rahmad Ali had 10 for Liberty.
In the third, Liberty’s Will Harper dominated Emmaus’ defense. He was unstoppable, forcing turnovers, hitting threes and getting rebounds. That effort is exactly what Coach Landis wanted from Will. Rondell McNeil hit a buzzer beater layup to end the quarter for the Canes, who ended up on top 51-39.
The fourth quarter saw Liberty’s continued domination getting a lead as big as 20. The Hurricanes played with passion and they proved they wanted to win. The final score was Liberty 74 and Emmaus 53.
Ryan Todd led Emmaus’ scoring with a career high 19 points. It wasn’t enough as Will Harper and Rahmad Ali combined for 32 points for the Hurricanes.
- Phillipsburg Bowling Season Begins! December 5, 2023
- Spartans Stifle Miners in Season Opener December 5, 2023
- D11Sports.com Daily Scoreboard results for December 4, 2023 December 5, 2023
- 2023-24 Boys Swimming Preview: Whitehall Zephyrs December 4, 2023
- 2023-24 Girls Swimming Preview: Zephyrs December 4, 2023
- 2023-24 Swimming & Diving Preview: Liberty Hurricanes December 4, 2023
- 2023-24 Swimming & Diving Preview: William Allen Canaries December 4, 2023
- 2023-24 Girls Swimming Preview: Phillipsburg Stateliners December 4, 2023
- 2023-24 Swimming & Diving Preview: Emmaus Green Hornets December 4, 2023
- Lehighton Fights for the 248 Trophy December 3, 2023