While many spring sports are just getting underway, the Colonial League Tennis season enters its third week of the season. Southern Lehigh and Saucon Valley went head to head on Monday afternoon, with both teams looking to stay at the top of the standings.
The Spartans entering the match at 3-1 overall, with their only loss of the year coming to the hands of Moravian Academy. The Panthers, meanwhile, checking into the match a perfect 2-0 on the year.
The Panthers would capture victories at number one and two singles behind Taj Laliwala and Michael Andres. Laliwala beat Krisna Annambhotla 6-3, 6-0 while Andres beat Zach Lebby 6-4, 4-6, 10-5. The Spartans would take the honors at number three singles with Jacob Nelson cruising to the 6-0, 6-0 straight set win over Greg Ackerman. The final two points would be decided in doubles action. Drew Curtis and Spencer Goodman beat Garrett Van Helmondt and Matthew Wagner 6-2, 6-1 at number one doubles. And with the match tied at 2-2, Aidan Johnson and Andrew Trackim would beat Ofori Ohene and Keegan Maykot 6-0, 6-3, to give Southern Lehigh the 3-2 victory.
With the win, the Spartans improve to 4-1 on the season while the Panthers fall to 2-1. Next up for Southern Lehigh will be Notre Dame at home on Wednesday, while Saucon Valley will host Palmerton. Both matches are scheduled for 4 pm.
- 2022 Golf Preview: Emmaus Hornets August 11, 2022
- Coaching Jobs: Head Boys Tennis Coach (Pen Argyl) August 11, 2022
- Coaching Jobs: Head Baseball Coach (Pen Argyl) August 11, 2022
- 2022 Golf Preview: Palmerton Area HS August 10, 2022
- 2022 Golf Preview: Northwestern Lehigh Tigers August 9, 2022
- D11Sports.com HS Football Game of the Week Presented by St. Lukes August 8, 2022
- 2022 Golf Preview: Liberty Hurricanes August 8, 2022
- Class of 2022 June 18, 2022
- Transue and Gillen team up to lead Gold Team over Red Team June 17, 2022
- Intern Spotlight: Joey Draper, Emmaus HS June 16, 2022