Northwestern and Moravian Academy hit the court at Catasauqua High School of Wednesday night in the Colonial League Girls semifinals. The Tigers hit with a blow minutes into the game when Senior Sydney Sevrain went down with an ankle injury and did not return.
Younger sister Paige Sevrain took control from there as she hit back to back baskets helping the Tigers race out to a 7-4 lead after one quarter of play. Things changed in the second quarter, as Moravian went on an 11-4 run and they entered the half with a 4 point lead, 15-11.
More of the same in the 2nd half by the Lions. Marina Falzone hit for 8 points as Moravian Academy (18-6) extended their lead to 33-22 after three quarters. More from Falzone in the 4th quarter as the Lions built a 13-point lead 43-30 with 3:49 left in the game.
The Tigers (18-5) didn’t not go away in this one as they went on an 11-2 run to close the gap to 45-42. They got a pair of threes by Kailyn Jones within a forty second span but the Lions would prevail winning 49-45.
Quinn O’Connor heads into the title game two points shy of 1000, after scoring 15 points in the win. Marina Falzone had another solid night with 16 points. Northwestern was led by Ali Lister with 18 points, Kailyn Jones with 13 and Paige Sevrain with 11
The Lions will meet 22-1 Notre Dame on Friday night at Freedom High school, after the Crusaders advanced to the title game with a 51-36 win over Bangor.
- 2020 Colonial League Golf Championship Tee Times
- Nazareth Makes a Statement in First Win of the Season Over Central Catholic
- D11Sports.com Daily Scoreboard results 09/26/20
- Phillipsburg Football opens the season up strong against DelBarton
- D11Sports.com Daily Scoreboard results 09/25/20
- D11Sports.com Game of the Week – Salisbury vs. Notre Dame GP live September 25th 7:00pm
- Cross Country results (09-24-20)
- Golf results (09-24-20)
- Girls Volleyball results (09-24-20)
- Girls Tennis results (09-24-20)