The Nazareth Blue Eagles got the job done in a very unconventional win against Easton on Friday night. At the half, Nazareth was down by a score of 3-6, the lone three points coming from junior kicker, Matt Bugbee.
Nazareth only found the end zone twice. Both of those were rushing touchdowns from QB Anthony Harris. Nazareth’s defense gave up two touchdowns. They did, however, keep star running back Nahjee Adams out of the end zone.
The Blue Eagles also forced three total turnovers, one being an interception as well as two fumble recoveries. With ten minutes left in the game, Matt Bugbee nailed yet another field goal, this time from 19 yards out, to make the score 20-12. After that kick, the Blue Eagle defense put the game on ice.
Next Friday, Nazareth will play for the District XI 6A Football Championship against the No. 3 seeded Parkland Trojans. In their last matchup, the Blue Eagles failed to find their wings and fell by a score of 21-17.
Their defense allowed 295 yards of total offense, 173 of those yards being rushing yards. Although Anthony Harris seemed to hobble through some of the semifinals, and a few key parts of the Nazareth defense are sidelined by injury, Coach Falzone and the Nazareth Blue Eagles look to bring home a District XI Championship next Friday night.
- 2022 Golf Preview: Emmaus Hornets August 11, 2022
- Coaching Jobs: Head Boys Tennis Coach (Pen Argyl) August 11, 2022
- Coaching Jobs: Head Baseball Coach (Pen Argyl) August 11, 2022
- 2022 Golf Preview: Palmerton Area HS August 10, 2022
- 2022 Golf Preview: Northwestern Lehigh Tigers August 9, 2022
- D11Sports.com HS Football Game of the Week Presented by St. Lukes August 8, 2022
- 2022 Golf Preview: Liberty Hurricanes August 8, 2022
- Class of 2022 June 18, 2022
- Transue and Gillen team up to lead Gold Team over Red Team June 17, 2022
- Intern Spotlight: Joey Draper, Emmaus HS June 16, 2022