Easton took on Beca at BASD stadium Saturday night and it was one of the great games of the season.
Beca‘s defense was incredible in the first half holding Easton to zero points and forcing a turnover. Easton’s defense couldn’t stop Tavion Banks who scored two touchdowns in the first half. The halftime score was 13-0 Beca over Easton.
In the second half Beca would add a field goal to make it 16-0.
Easton needed to find some momentum, and they did. As they marched down the field, Cole Transue was able to find the end zone on a quarterback keeper. The score was 16-6. Easton would attempt a two-point conversion, but failed.
Easton attempt an onside kick, recovered it, but went three and out, which gave the ball back to Beca.
Beca’s Tavion Banks coughed up the football and Easton recovered it. With momentum back on their side, Easton was looking to score. Transue found Kyle Evancho twice on the drive including a 20-yard over the shoulder fade to set up first and goal. Transue looked to the end zone for Evancho, but it was defended well and Evancho couldn’t hang on. On second down, Transue tried a run up the middle, but he coughed it up. Beca recovered it at the two-yard line.
Beca ran down the clock and escaped an Easton come back. Easton falls to 6-2. Beca improves to 6-2. Beca will take a trip to EPSD stadium next Friday to take on Emmaus. Easton will host Parkland at Cottingham Stadium.
- Bombers Battle for 248 Trophy December 4, 2022
- Lady Bombers Push Through Lady Indians December 4, 2022
- D11Sports.com Daily Scoreboard results for December 3, 2022 December 4, 2022
- D11Sports.com Daily Scoreboard results for December 2, 2022 December 3, 2022
- Lehighton Teams Get Ready To Go December 3, 2022
- 2022-23 Wrestling Preview: Palisades HS December 2, 2022
- 2022-23 Wrestling Preview: Northwestern Lehigh HS December 1, 2022
- 2022-23 Girls Basketball Preview: Catasauqua Rough Riders December 1, 2022
- 2022-23 Girls Basketball Preview: Notre Dame GP December 1, 2022
- 2022-23 Boys Basketball Preview: Nazareth Area HS December 1, 2022