A father, husband, son, friend, teammate and so much more. Brett Snyder will be remembered by many that crossed his path, after losing his 16-year battle with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis(ALS). He passes away at the young age of 41.
He was more than a terrific football player at Northwestern Lehigh and Lehigh University, he was also a great person off the field as well. Snyder was diagnosed back in 2003 but battled to the very end according to his brother and current Northwestern Lehigh Football coach Josh Snyder.
Snyder rushed for more than 4,200 yards in High School to go along with 49 touchdowns, helping the Tigers capture the District 11 Championship back in 1995. From there, he moved on to Lehigh University and teamed up with his brother Josh, and earned a couple of Patriot League Championships.
Brett Snyder is now at peace but his legacy will live on with the help of his family and friends. the funeral will take place on Saturday at Kingdom Life Family Center, 4333 Lime Kiln Road, Orefield. It is set for 1 pm.
- D11Sports.com March Madness Coaches Bracket
- Player Previews: Juliana Lopez, Pleasant Valley
- Player Previews: Andrew (AJ) Muffley, Liberty High School
- Player Previews: Griffin Libby, East Stroudsburg South
- Player Previews: Allison Costa, Northwestern Lehigh
- Player Previews: Jordan Nelson, Palmerton Area High School
- Player Previews: Pippa Russell, Palisades High School
- Player Previews: Ryan Lindenmuth, Pottsville Area High School
- Player Previews: Taylor Moncman, Southern Lehigh
- Player Previews: Alex Lycette, Southern Lehigh High School