A father, husband, son, friend, teammate and so much more. Brett Snyder will be remembered by many that crossed his path, after losing his 16-year battle with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis(ALS). He passes away at the young age of 41.
He was more than a terrific football player at Northwestern Lehigh and Lehigh University, he was also a great person off the field as well. Snyder was diagnosed back in 2003 but battled to the very end according to his brother and current Northwestern Lehigh Football coach Josh Snyder.
Snyder rushed for more than 4,200 yards in High School to go along with 49 touchdowns, helping the Tigers capture the District 11 Championship back in 1995. From there, he moved on to Lehigh University and teamed up with his brother Josh, and earned a couple of Patriot League Championships.
Brett Snyder is now at peace but his legacy will live on with the help of his family and friends. the funeral will take place on Saturday at Kingdom Life Family Center, 4333 Lime Kiln Road, Orefield. It is set for 1 pm.
- Class of 2022 June 18, 2022
- Transue and Gillen team up to lead Gold Team over Red Team June 17, 2022
- Intern Spotlight: Joey Draper, Emmaus HS June 16, 2022
- 2022 Phillipsburg Baseball Season June 15, 2022
- Intern Spotlight: Keiran Lencheski, Notre Dame Green Pond HS June 15, 2022
- Intern Spotlight: Alex Kane, Southern Lehigh HS June 14, 2022
- D11Sports.com Daily Scoreboard results for June 13, 2022 June 13, 2022
- Intern Spotlight: Allie Wenskoski, Palisades HS June 13, 2022
- Intern Spotlight: Tarun Anbarasu, Phillipsburg HS June 12, 2022
- Intern Spotlight: KC Wallace, Lehighton Area HS June 11, 2022