Nazareth traveled to EPSD Stadium Friday Night to take on the Emmaus Green Hornets. Both of these teams were 1-0 coming into week 2. Emmaus got the ball first and Brandon Camire took a run 85 yards to the house for a touchdown. Camire broke through three Nazareth defenders on his way to the end zone.
Nazareth got ball next, but was forced to punt after a GreenHornets defensive stand. Emmaus marched down the field again. Camire got his second touchdown of the night. This touchdown was on third and goal to go.
Nazareth got the ball back trailing 14-0 in the second quarter. Nazareth marched down the field tiring out the Emmaus D. They scored to make it 14-7. The Hornets got the ball back. Brandon Camire took the ball 55 yards to the house. Camire had his third touchdown of the night and hid eighth of the year in just one and a half games.
The Hornets led 21-7 late in the second quarter. It looked as if Emmaus was going to prove everyone wrong and take a win. Nazareth had other ideas, however. Nazareth scored on the last possession of the half making the score 21-14 Emmaus.
Whatever was said in the Nazareth locker room during halftime sure did work. Nazareth came out and went three and out, but on defense they got an interception off of an Alex Lanzone pass and returned it to the house for a pick six. This would tie the game at 21-21. This pick six was the fourth pick six thrown by Lanzone.
Emmaus’ Jameel Sanders returned the kick off all the way down to the six yard line. With first and goal, the Hornets could not punch it in. A holding penalty and a tackle for a loss would bring out the field goal unit. Alex Orlando attempted and made his second field goal of the year. Emmaus re-took the lead 24-21.
It would be Nazareth from here on out. The Blue Eagles scored a touchdown on their next drive. The Hornets offense, now trailing 28-24 heading to the fourth needed points ASAP. Alex Lanzone was picked again on the first play from scrimmage.
Nazareth took this interception and started on offense. They scored again, went for two and converted. The score was 36-24 Blue Eagles in the mid fouth quarter. Hornet fans were heading home. Alex Lanzone did not come back on to the field again as he suffered an apparent injury. Jake Moyer came in. He went one for two with a 20-yard completion to Johnny Ferris.
The next throw went right into the hands of a Nazareth defender. This was the icing on the cake. Nazareth would lineup in victory formation. One kneel down and they were 2-0. Emmaus falls to 1-1 and will be on the road to take on Whitehall next week.
- Historical District XI Swimming Championship Meet for the Parkland Trojans March 3, 2024
- D11Sports.com Daily Scoreboard results for March 2, 2024 March 3, 2024
- 2024 PIAA Northeast 3A Regional Wrestling Finals March 2, 2024
- 2024 PIAA Northeast 3A Regional Wrestling Semifinals March 2, 2024
- Record Breaking Night Kicks Off D11 Swimming Championships for Parkland March 2, 2024
- D11Sports.com Daily Scoreboard results for March 1, 2024 March 2, 2024
- D11Sports.com Daily Scoreboard results for February 28, 2024 February 28, 2024
- D11Sports.com Daily Scoreboard results for February 27, 2024 February 27, 2024
- 2024 PIAA Southeast Regional Girls Wrestling February 25, 2024
- 2024 PIAA Southeast Individual Girls Wrestling Championship February 25, 2024