The Liberty tennis season came to an end on Tuesday afternoon when they were swept by Conestoga in the opening round of the PIAA Tournament. All the action taking place at Winning Touch in Allentown.
The Hurricanes brought their “A” game but Conestoga, the number three team out of District one proved to be too strong, winning at number 2 and 3 singles along with sweeping doubles. The Number one singles match between Louis Gruber of Liberty and Matt Walton was stopped after the team match was decided. Gruber lost the first set 5-7, and was down 1-2 in the second set.
Here is the rest of the scoring:
#2 singles: Peter Auslander beat David Lynn 6-3, 6-2
#3 singles: Jack Ginter beat Jacob Wong 6-2, 6-2
#1 doubles: Sam Weintraub/Henry Danon beat Anthony Ronca/Wyatt Marshall 6-4, 6-0
#2 doubles: Stephen Le/Andy Mei beat Shayaan Farhad/Raj Kundu 6-3, 6-0
Liberty will look back on a terrific season under first-year head coach Chris Conrad having won their straight District Xi Team Championship.
- 2022 Golf Preview: North Schuylkill HS August 14, 2022
- 2022 Golf Preview: Freedom Patriots August 13, 2022
- 2022 Golf Preview: Pen Argyl Green Knights August 12, 2022
- D11Sports.com Daily Scoreboard results for August 11, 2022 August 12, 2022
- 2022 Golf Preview: Emmaus Hornets August 11, 2022
- Coaching Jobs: Head Boys Tennis Coach (Pen Argyl) August 11, 2022
- Coaching Jobs: Head Baseball Coach (Pen Argyl) August 11, 2022
- 2022 Golf Preview: Palmerton Area HS August 10, 2022
- 2022 Golf Preview: Northwestern Lehigh Tigers August 9, 2022
- D11Sports.com HS Football Game of the Week Presented by St. Lukes August 8, 2022