The Lehighton Indians took on the Jim Thorpe Olympians in girls’ volleyball for their annual Match with a Meaning Tuesday night. The first set was highly contested as the two teams were tied 5-5. Lehighton was able to pull ahead and win the first set 25-20 on numerous spikes taking a 1-0 lead.
In the second set Jim Thorpe came out with a full head of steam taking a 5-0 lead. The Olympians carried this momentum out for the rest of the set as they dominated, winning the second set 25-9 over Lehighton. This win tied the game at 1-1.
Both teams looked to take a 2-1 lead going into the third set. Jim Thorpe jumped out to a lead and never looked back, winning the third set 25-19.
Lehighton was down 22-12 in the fourth set and went on a 4-0 run to pull within six points of the Olympians. The Olympians closed out the set with a 25-19 win giving them the 3-1 victory over Lehighton.
The Indians look to bounce back as they travel to Pottsville to take on the Crimson Tide Thursday, September 26th at 7:00PM.
- Phillipsburg Bowling Season Begins! December 5, 2023
- Spartans Stifle Miners in Season Opener December 5, 2023
- D11Sports.com Daily Scoreboard results for December 4, 2023 December 5, 2023
- 2023-24 Boys Swimming Preview: Whitehall Zephyrs December 4, 2023
- 2023-24 Girls Swimming Preview: Zephyrs December 4, 2023
- 2023-24 Swimming & Diving Preview: Liberty Hurricanes December 4, 2023
- 2023-24 Swimming & Diving Preview: William Allen Canaries December 4, 2023
- 2023-24 Girls Swimming Preview: Phillipsburg Stateliners December 4, 2023
- 2023-24 Swimming & Diving Preview: Emmaus Green Hornets December 4, 2023
- Lehighton Fights for the 248 Trophy December 3, 2023