Like many of us that have been stuck inside because of the Covid-19 Pandemic, the Lehigh Valley Zoo is also on hiatus, as they are temporarily closed. But for them, it’s a little different.
While they are not seeing the everyday crowds that support the Zoo, the animals are still busy roaming around with the needs of being fed and cared for. Lehigh Valley Zoo Chief Operating Officer Matt Provence joined the D11Sports.com Podcast to not only talk about the animals, but to also update us on the possible day the Zoo will re-open and welcome families again to their Schnecksville location.
The Lehigh Valley Zoo is a staple of this area, and does a great job hosting students and families on a daily basis. In 1906, General Harry C Trexler, founded the Trexler Game Preserve which helped bring the Zoo to fruition many years later, with the groundbreaking in 1974. More than 200 animals are located throughout the Lehigh Valley Zoo, including the Zoo’s newest addition, a yet to be named oryx calf, which was born in April.
All this week, as part of Giving Tuesday, The Lehigh Valley Zoo is looking to raise $10,000, with matching donations from the board up to $5,000. To donate, Visit Lvzoo.org/GTN this week or starting next week at lvzoo.org/SustainOurMission.
Zoo memberships are available and give you Free daytime admission for 12 months to go along with many other added benefits. Next time you are in the area, stop by for a great time with your family.
- 2020 Colonial League Golf Championship Tee Times
- Nazareth Makes a Statement in First Win of the Season Over Central Catholic
- D11Sports.com Daily Scoreboard results 09/26/20
- Phillipsburg Football opens the season up strong against DelBarton
- D11Sports.com Daily Scoreboard results 09/25/20
- D11Sports.com Game of the Week – Salisbury vs. Notre Dame GP live September 25th 7:00pm
- Cross Country results (09-24-20)
- Golf results (09-24-20)
- Girls Volleyball results (09-24-20)
- Girls Tennis results (09-24-20)