The past is behind them as the Catasauqua Boys Basketball team brings back a more experienced group as they prepare for the 2019-20 season. The Rough Riders, under veteran head coach Eric Snyder, were just 1-21 last year with their only win coming against Pen Argyl before Christmas as they finished 1-17 in league play.
But, with a new year comes new expectations. Catasauqua will not only have some experience returning but also some size, which they lacked a year ago. Snyder said “This years group are hard workers, work well together, and are very hungry to be successful.”
The two starters returning are both juniors, Derek George(6-3 center) and Derek Troxell(6-0 g/f). Other players expecting to make an impact are seniors Jacob Smith and Gideon McKenzie. Five other juniors include Cole Schiffer, Damian DiPaolo, Mason Hess, Ty Reitz, and Jake Velez.
Snyder said, “We are looking to improve on last year’s record and make progress and improve throughout the year. Our goals, as are every year, are to make the Colonial League and District XI playoffs.
Catasauqua opens the season with a non-league game against Northampton on December 6 and then open up league play against Bangor on Monday December 9. Both games are at home as the Rough Riders will play the first five of six games on their home floor.
- The 48th Annual All-Star Basketball Classic (2pm & 4pm) March 26, 2023
- The 48th Annual All-Star Basketball Classic (10am & 12pm) March 26, 2023
- Watch Live! Atlantic City Gambits vs. Lehigh Valley Legends on March 26 at 3:00PM at Kirby Sports Center March 26, 2023
- D11Sports.com Daily Scoreboard results for March 25, 2023 March 26, 2023
- The Legends breeze past Montreal in TBL action March 25, 2023
- D11Sports.com Daily Scoreboard results for March 24, 2023 March 25, 2023
- 2023 Track and Field Preview: Bangor Slaters March 24, 2023
- 2023 Baseball Preview: Tamaqua Blue Raiders March 24, 2023
- D11Sports.com Daily Scoreboard results for March 23, 2023 March 24, 2023
- Easton Boys’ Lacrosse Outplays Liberty in a 16-1 Win March 23, 2023