The Pirates snatched the lead late in the game in a 9-5 victory over Southern Lehigh on Saturday afternoon. The Pirates trailed 5-4 in the top of the sixth inning when Will Guthier singled on a 1-0 count, scoring two runs. Southern Lehigh scored three runs in the first inning, but the Pirates still managed to pull out the victory.
The big inning for Southern Lehigh came thanks to a single by Stephen Hoyer and a home run by Colin Houck. Southern Lehigh fired up the offense in the first inning. Hoyer singled on a 0-1 count, scoring one run.
In the top of the fifth inning, the Pirates tied things up at four as Jacob Welsh drove in one when he singled.
Ethan Brader was credited with the victory for Palisades. He went five innings, allowing five runs on nine hits and striking out three. Jaden Newton threw two innings in relief out of the bullpen.
Hoyer took the loss for Southern Lehigh. He went five and a third innings, allowing eight runs on five hits and striking out six.
Also for the Pirates, Asa Cooper went two for four at the plate to lead the team in hits. The Pirates didn’t commit a single error in the field. Welsh had nine chances in the field, the most on the team.
Next game is Monday Home against Wilson.
- Lehighton Teams Get Ready To Go December 3, 2022
- 2022-23 Wrestling Preview: Palisades HS December 2, 2022
- 2022-23 Wrestling Preview: Northwestern Lehigh HS December 1, 2022
- 2022-23 Girls Basketball Preview: Catasauqua Rough Riders December 1, 2022
- 2022-23 Girls Basketball Preview: Notre Dame GP December 1, 2022
- 2022-23 Boys Basketball Preview: Nazareth Area HS December 1, 2022
- 2022-23 Wrestling Preview: Pottsville Area Crimson Tide December 1, 2022
- 2022-23 Wrestling Preview: Lehighton Indians December 1, 2022
- 2022-23 Wrestling Preview: North Schuylkill HS December 1, 2022
- 2022-23 Wrestling Preview: Pocono Mountain West HS December 1, 2022