The Pirates snatched the lead late in the game in a 9-5 victory over Southern Lehigh on Saturday afternoon. The Pirates trailed 5-4 in the top of the sixth inning when Will Guthier singled on a 1-0 count, scoring two runs. Southern Lehigh scored three runs in the first inning, but the Pirates still managed to pull out the victory.
The big inning for Southern Lehigh came thanks to a single by Stephen Hoyer and a home run by Colin Houck. Southern Lehigh fired up the offense in the first inning. Hoyer singled on a 0-1 count, scoring one run.
In the top of the fifth inning, the Pirates tied things up at four as Jacob Welsh drove in one when he singled.
Ethan Brader was credited with the victory for Palisades. He went five innings, allowing five runs on nine hits and striking out three. Jaden Newton threw two innings in relief out of the bullpen.
Hoyer took the loss for Southern Lehigh. He went five and a third innings, allowing eight runs on five hits and striking out six.
Also for the Pirates, Asa Cooper went two for four at the plate to lead the team in hits. The Pirates didn’t commit a single error in the field. Welsh had nine chances in the field, the most on the team.
Next game is Monday Home against Wilson.
- 2022 Golf Preview: Emmaus Hornets August 11, 2022
- Coaching Jobs: Head Boys Tennis Coach (Pen Argyl) August 11, 2022
- Coaching Jobs: Head Baseball Coach (Pen Argyl) August 11, 2022
- 2022 Golf Preview: Palmerton Area HS August 10, 2022
- 2022 Golf Preview: Northwestern Lehigh Tigers August 9, 2022
- D11Sports.com HS Football Game of the Week Presented by St. Lukes August 8, 2022
- 2022 Golf Preview: Liberty Hurricanes August 8, 2022
- Class of 2022 June 18, 2022
- Transue and Gillen team up to lead Gold Team over Red Team June 17, 2022
- Intern Spotlight: Joey Draper, Emmaus HS June 16, 2022